JOB TITLE: Adaptive Dance Administration Internship, Boston Ballet
DEPARTMENT: Education & Community Initiatives, Boston Studio
LOCATION: 19 Clarendon Street, Boston, MA
REPORTS TO: Adaptive Dance Program Manager
TERM: Not Currently Available
Description of Program:
At Boston Ballet, our Education and Community Initiatives have gained national attention and provided models for arts education and community programming throughout the country. As we continue to give students an opportunity to engage in high-quality arts experiences—in neighborhood schools, community venues and the Boston Ballet’s world class facilities—it is our hope that we will cultivate and educate a new generation of life-long arts advocates and participants.
Description of Position:
The Adaptive Dance Administration internship is an opportunity for graduate students to learn the inner workings of a non-profit arts organization, particularly as it relates to special education programming. An Adaptive Dance intern ensures the success of Boston Ballet’s flagship accessibility program and works to improve program operations, develop teacher-training and program curricula, and build enrollment for satellite locations of Boston Ballet.
The primary roles and responsibilities of the Adaptive Dance Administration Intern include:
- Synthesize program observations and help create curriculum model
- Collect and analyze population data for potential program expansion
- Develop relationships with area schools, hospitals, and Downs Syndrome/Autistic support groups
- Coordinate events to introduce Adaptive Dance to the North Shore Community
- Represent Boston Ballet Adaptive Dance at community and private events
- Update documentation of program benefits with Education Advisor
- Conduct assessment and evaluation of program operations and offerings
- Perform market research to compare other special needs programs
- Work with Boston Ballet’s Marketing Department to launch targeted advertising campaign
- Research alternative program models
- Enrolled in graduate-level coursework
- Flexibility, positive attitude, and good work ethic
- Experience writing curricula and evaluations
- MS Office suite proficiency
- Ability to travel independently in Boston’s North Shore community
- Proven ability to network effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team
- Weekend and evening availability
- Experience working with special needs populations a plus
- Experience or interest in dance education a plus
- Multi-lingual a plus
Unpaid. Interns may receive academic credit for participation in Boston Ballet’s internship program.
- Interns of Boston Ballet receive a discount on Open Adult classes held at all three studio locations.
- Interns receive up to two complimentary tickets to Boston Ballet productions during the Internship term, subject to ticket availability
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. IMPORTANT – PLEASE INCLUDE THE NAME OF THE INTERNSHIP FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-MAIL. No phone calls please.