REPORTS TO: Annual Fund Manager
TERM: Summer 2013
The Boston Ballet Annual Fund provides contributed revenue through annually renewable donations to offset the Company’s operational expenses. This year’s goal is nearly $2,000,000. Members of the Boston Ballet Annual Fund receive several, exclusive benefits during the 2011-2012 Season which range from discounts on Boston Ballet Shop purchases to priority ticket sales to private events.
The Annual Fund Intern will work on several large projects that support the Individual Giving team’s fundraising and cultivation efforts in the Development Department. This internship will focus on annual giving—the Boston Ballet Annual Fund—which includes the giving levels of: Associate, Friends’ Circle, Benefactors’ Circle, and E. Virginia Williams Society. For the spring, projects will focus on research, development, and preparation of solicitation materials, database entry, coordination of mailings, and preparation for and support during meetings and events. Additional tasks may include cross-departmental marketing projects. The Annual Fund Intern will receive a broad and comprehensive view of an annual giving program and how its function relates to the Development Department and Boston Ballet at large.
- Ideally seeking a student enrolled in a graduate program, but would consider an undergraduate Junior or Senior.
- Available 2-3 days per week, for at least a half business day
- Able to work some evenings or weekends
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Efficient in organizing and prioritizing responsibilities
- Able to work independently, but willingness to participate in a team environment
- Excellent verbal communicator
- Strong writing skills
- Thorough, accurate, conscientious, and professional
- Able and eager to learn new programs and processes
- Creative, flexible, and motivated
Internship positions are unpaid. Interns may receive academic credit for participation in Boston Ballet’s internship program.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. IMPORTANT – PLEASE INCLUDE THE NAME OF THE INTERNSHIP FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-MAIL. No phone calls please.