JOB TITLE: Boston Ballet School Arts Administration/Education Internship
DEPARTMENT: Boston Ballet School - Boston, Newton Studio, or North Shore Studio Locations
REPORTS TO: Studio Manager
TERM: OPEN - Spring 2015
Description of Organization:
Boston Ballet is a non-profit organization committed to excellence and access on stage, in the studio and in the community. Boston Ballet School, the official school of Boston Ballet, is dedicated to making a quality dance education available to students and families from greater Boston.
Boston Ballet School serves over 5,000 students annually through 4 core programs in three state-of-the-art dance facilities located throughout the greater Boston area: the original home in the South End of Boston, in the MetroWest town of Newton and in the North Shore community of Marblehead.
Boston Ballet School offers programs for students of all ages, including young children (starting at 16-months), youth (8-18 years old), and adults.
Description of Position:
An internship with Boston Ballet School is an opportunity to be exposed to the inner workings of a complex dance school. Interns will learn school administration and management.
Primary roles and responsibilities may include:
- Recruitment through marketing campaigns including direct mail, grass roots, online and special events
- Provide customer service through various channels including in person, phone, email, social media, and written notifications
- Special event support in the preparation and execution of annual events including the winter SDP audition tour, Fall Back-to-School Open Houses and Spring student showcase performances.
- Create and maintain student records using Tessitura, a premier arts management software database
- Assist customers through online and offline registration processes
- Support Managers and Directors with executive projects in accordance with Boston Ballet's mission
- Opportunity to attend and participate in staff meetings across departments
- Interest in arts education and administration
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with constituents of all levels, from small children to adults
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a discreet and professional manner
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexibility, positive attitude, and good work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team
Unpaid. Benefits may include free adult dance classes and tickets to Company productions. Interns may receive academic credit for participation in Boston Ballet's internship program.
Send cover letter and resume (e-mail preferred) to: firstname.lastname@example.org – please include the name of the internship and location for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.