JOB TITLE: Boston Ballet School Arts Administration Internship
DEPARTMENT: Boston Ballet School - Boston, Newton Studio, Marblehead Studio Locations
REPORTS TO: Studio Manager
TERM: Fall, Spring, or Summer
Description of Organization:
Boston Ballet is a non-profit organization committed to excellence and access onstage, in the studio, and in the community. Boston Ballet School, the official school of Boston Ballet, is dedicated to making a quality dance education available to students and families from greater Boston. Boston Ballet School serves over 5,000 students through 4 core programs annually in threes tate-of-the-art dance facilities located throughout the greater Boston area: our original home in the South End of Boston, in the MetroWest town of Newton, and on the North Shore community of Marblehead. We have programs for students of all ages including young children (starting at 9-months), youth (8-18 years old), Adults, and Seniors.
Description of Position:
An internship with Boston Ballet School is an opportunity to be exposed to the inner workings of a complex dance school. Interns will learn school administration and management.
Primary roles and responsibilities may include:
- Recruitment: through marketing campaigns including direct mail, grass roots, online and special events
- Customer relations: provide customer service through various channels including in person, phone, email, social media, and handouts.
- Special event support: preparation and execution of annual events including winter SDP audition tour, Fall Back-to-School Open Houses and Spring student showcase performances.
- Tessitura: data entry experience with the premier arts management software database
- Admissions: assist customers through online and offline registration processes
- Interest in arts education, arts administration and dance/ballet
- Excellent communication skills Computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexibility, positive attitude, and good work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team
Unpaid. Benefits may include free adult dance classes and tickets to Company productions. Interns may receive academic credit for participation in Boston Ballet’s internship program.
Send cover letter and resume (e-mail preferred) to: email@example.com – please include the name of the internship and location for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.