Location: 19 Clarendon Street, Boston MA 02116
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Annual Giving
Position Status: Intern (unpaid)
Term: FALL 2016
Boston Ballet's Annual Fund provides contributed revenue through annually renewable donations to offset the Company's operational expenses. This year's goal is over $1,000,000. Donors to Boston Ballet receive special access to the art and artists during the 2015-2016 Season, ranging from behind-the-scenes events to priority ticket sales.
The Annual Giving Intern will work on several large projects that support the Individual Giving team's fundraising and cultivation efforts in the Development Department. This internship will focus on annual giving which includes the giving levels of: Associate, Friends' Circle, and Benefactors' Circle. For the summer, projects will focus on preparation of solicitation materials, database entry, assistance with data analysis, and coordination of appeal mailings. Additional tasks may include cross-functional projects with the Marketing Department. The Annual Giving Intern will receive a broad and comprehensive view of an annual giving program and how its function relates to the Development Department and Boston Ballet at large.
The Annual Fund Intern reports to the Senior Manager of Annual Giving in the Development Department.
- Must be enrolled in a degree-granting undergraduate (must be a senior), graduate program, or college graduate
- Available 2-3 days per week, for at least a half business day
- Able to work some evenings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Efficient in organizing and prioritizing responsibilities
- Able to work independently
- Excellent verbal communicator
- Strong writer
- Eager to learn new programs and processes
- Detail-oriented and accurate
Boston Ballet internships are unpaid. Boston Ballet internships are for credit (preferred) or on a volunteer basis. Boston Ballet interns in the fall and spring are eligible for complimentary tickets to season performances and discounted classes at Boston Ballet School.
Contact information: To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. IMPORTANT - PLEASE INCLUDE THE NAME OF THE INSTERNSHIP FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL. No phone calls, please.