REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Annual Giving
TERM: OPEN - Spring 2015
The Boston Ballet Annual Fund provides contributed revenue through annually renewable donations to offset the Company's operational expenses. Donors to the Boston Ballet Annual Fund receive special access to Boston Ballet's art and artists during the 2013-2014 Season, ranging from discounts on Boston Ballet Shop purchases to priority ticket sales to private events.
The Annual Giving Intern will work on several large projects that support the Individual Giving team's fundraising and cultivation efforts in the Development Department. This internship will focus on annual giving-the Boston Ballet Annual Fund-which includes donors in the Friends' and Benefactors' Circles. For the spring, projects will focus on research, development, and preparation of solicitation materials, coordination of mailings, administrative tasks, and preparation for events. The Annual Giving Intern will receive a broad and comprehensive view of an annual giving program and how its function relates to the Development Department at a large non-profit organization.
- Ideally seeking a student enrolled in a graduate program, but would consider an undergraduate Junior or Senior.
- Available 2-3 days per week, for at least a half business day
- Able to work some evenings or weekends
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Efficient in organizing and prioritizing responsibilities
- Able to work independently
- Excellent verbal communicator
- Strong writing skills
- Thorough, accurate, and professional
- Eager to learn new programs and processes
- Creative and flexible
Boston Ballet internships are unpaid. Boston Ballet internships are for credit (preferred) or on a volunteer basis. Boston Ballet Interns in the Fall and Spring are eligible for complimentary tickets to season performances and discounted classes.
Contact information: To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. IMPORTANT - PLEASE INCLUDE THE NAME OF THE INTERNSHIP FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-MAIL. No phone calls please.