Department: Institutional Advancement - Development
Location: 19 Clarendon Street, Boston, MA
Reports To: Development Associate
Term: OPEN - Summer 2015
Development interns will work on a large number of changing projects that support the institutional team’s fundraising and cultivation efforts. Will focus primarily on corporate fundraising efforts. For Fall this includes administrative support for annual corporate event in December. Additional tasks may include research, development and preparation of solicitation materials, database work, mailings, preparation for and support during special events, correspondence with Boston Ballet’s boards of Trustees and Overseers, cross-departmental marketing and outreach projects, and general tasks vital to team administration. Interns will receive a broad and comprehensive view of corporate and institutional giving programs.
- Must be enrolled in a degree-granting undergraduate (must be junior or senior) or graduate program
- Excellent writing skills
- High Proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint
- Proactive, independent work style
- Must be very organized with close attention to detail
- Available 2-3 days per week, for at least half a business day
- Available to work some evening events
- Interest in arts administration
To apply for this internship, please send a resume and cover letter to Internships@bostonballet.org
. IMPORTANT – PLEASE INCLUDE THE NAME OF THE INTERNSHIP FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-MAIL. No phone calls please.