Department: Institutional Advancement - Development
Location: 19 Clarendon Street, Boston, MA
Reports To: Senior Manager, Corporate Relations
Term: FALL 2016
Development interns will work on a large number of changing projects that support the institutional team's fundraising and cultivation efforts. Will focus primarily on corporate and institutional fundraising and sales efforts. For Fall this includes heavy administrative support for largest, annual corporate event in December. Additional tasks may include research, development and preparation of solicitation materials, database work, mailings, preparation for and support during special events, correspondence with Boston Ballet's boards of Trustees and Overseers, cross-departmental marketing and outreach projects, and general tasks vital to team administration. Interns will receive a broad and comprehensive view of corporate and institutional giving programs.
- Must be enrolled in a degree-granting undergraduate (must be junior or senior) or graduate program
- Excellent writing skills
- High proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint
- Proactive, independent work style
- Must be very organized with close attention to detail
- Must be flexible and open to completing tasks and projects based changing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Available 2-3 days per week, for at least half a business day
- Available to work some evening events
- Proficiency in second language a plus
- Arts background not necessary but should have desire to learn more about sponsorship marketing and sales.
- Interns of Boston Ballet receive a discount on Open Adult classes held at all three studio locations
- Interns receive up to two complimentary tickets to Boston Ballet productions during the Internship term, subject to ticket availability
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. IMPORTANT - PLEASE INCLUDE THE NAME OF THE INTERNSHIP FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-MAIL. No phone calls please.