JOB TITLE: Citydance Program Internship, Boston Ballet
DEPARTMENT: Education & Community Initiatives, Boston Studio
REPORTS TO: Citydance Program Manager
TERM: Summer 2013
SCHEDULE: 10 - 15 hours per week
Start date: TBD with candidate
Description of Department:
The Boston Ballet's Division for Education and Community Initiatives (ECI) aims to cultivate and educate a new generation of life-long arts advocates and participants. The department's programs serve a range of community constituents and are designed to connect young people and their families with high quality arts experiences in neighborhood schools, community venues (Boston Opera House and Strand Theater) and the Boston Ballet's world class facilities.
Description of Position:
The internship serves as an opportunity for interns to learn how Boston Ballet serves nearly 2500 Boston Public School (BPS)3rd grade students through the Citydance program. Through participation in the day-to-day preparation of the upcoming fall 2013 program, Citydance; interns serve as integral team members assisting the full- time and part-time staff in the administration of the program's goals.
The primary roles and responsibilities of the Citydance Internship include:
- Relationship management on behalf of the program i.e with partner schools, community organizations, leaders and parents
- Curriculum development i.e planning and preparing curriculum materials to support overall vision of Citydance.
- Special events management including but not limited to the planning of Citydance workshops, family day, graduation and parent information meetings.
- General administrative support
- Undergraduate Juniors or Seniors
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent Communication skills
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexibility, positive attitude, and good work ethic
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team
- Experience in a dance related field is not necessary but may be helpful.
- Interest in arts administration, pr and/or customer service desirable
Unpaid. Interns may receive academic credit for participation in Boston Ballet's internship program.
- Interns of Boston Ballet School receive discount on Open Adult classes held at all three studio locations
- Interns receive up to two complimentary tickets to Boston Ballet productions during the Internship term, subject to ticket availability
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Please contact Yo-el Cassell at 617-456-6354 or email@example.com .