ECI Citydance Program Internship
JOB TITLE: Citydance Program Internship, Boston Ballet
DEPARTMENT: Education & Community Initiatives,
LOCATION: 19 Clarendon Street, Boston, MA
REPORTS TO: Citydance Program Manager
SCHEDULE: 10 - 15 hours per week
Start date: TBD with candidate
Description of Department:
The Boston Ballet's, Education and Community Initiatives have gained national attention and provided models for arts education and community programming throughout the country. As we continue to give students an opportunity to engage in high-quality arts experiences-in neighborhood schools, community venues and the Boston Ballet's world class facilities, it is our hope that we will cultivate and educate a new generation of life-long arts advocates and participants.
Description of Position:
The Citydance internship is an opportunity to learn the inner workings of a non-profit arts organization while discovering and participating in the day-to-day operations of a premiere dance education program. Interns serve as integral team members assisting the full-time and part-time staff with daily operations while also contributing to the strategic efforts of the department.
The primary roles and responsibilities of the Assistant Internship include:
- Working with the program manager to coordinate and schedule Citydance workshops
- Supporting the program manager's efforts to communicate with principals, dance instructors, school partners and parents
- Processing prospective Citydance student information and student registration materials
- Partnering with the program manager and Marketing department to develop key program collateral for Citydance events and related activities
- Providing general administrative support-record-keeping, database management, special events and other projects as assigned.
- Interest in non-profit management and/or arts administration
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in an administrative and/or community relations capacity
- Experience in a dance related field is not necessary but may be helpful
- Undergraduate Juniors or Seniors preferred
There is no monetary compensation for this position; however, interns may receive academic credit for participation in Boston Ballet's internship program.
- Interns receive discounts on Open Adult classes and complimentary tickets to Boston Ballet productions.
Please submit cover letter and resume/cv to email@example.com with subject heading Citydance Internship.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading Citydance Internship.