Department: Marketing and Communications – Archives and Special Projects relating to Boston Ballet 50th Anniversary
Location: 19 Clarendon Street, Boston MA 02116
Reports to: Director of Public Relations and Social Media
Position Status: Intern (unpaid)
Term: OPEN - FALL 2013
Under the supervision of the Boston Ballet Volunteer Archivist and the Director of Public Relations and Social Media, the Archives & Special Projects Intern will assist the volunteer archivist in researching the history of the Boston Ballet in preparation for Boston Ballet’s 50th Anniversary Season. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, extracting information on Boston Ballet History, Repertoire, and Key Events and Dates by physically going through Playbills, social media and traditional media platforms, and archival materials housed at the Boston Ballet company headquarters and compiling the information into spreadsheets to be included in the Boston Ballet Timeline.
- Compile items from Playbills, social media, press releases, and news stories, to go into the “Boston Ballet Timeline.”
- Determine which items are the most relevant and necessary for inclusion in the Timeline
- Physically organize Playbills alphabetically and type relevant information into two repertory sheets.
- If needed, assist in the organization and storage of archival materials, including scanning items for digital copies, photography of items, and making copies.
- Assist with other Special Projects related to Boston Ballet’s 50th Anniversary
- Other projects as assigned.
- Currently or recently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Able to commit to 8-10 hours per week
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to analyze, edit, and prioritize information
- Independent and self motivated
- Proficiency in general office software programs including Excel, Word, and Internet search tools.
- College level writing skills
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, a high level of professionalism, creativity, humor, and a love for the arts – particularly dance, encouraged
Boston Ballet internships are unpaid. Boston Ballet internships are for credit (preferred) or on a volunteer basis. Boston Ballet Interns in the Fall and Spring are eligible for complimentary tickets to season performances.
Contact information: To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. IMPORTANT – PLEASE INCLUDE THE NAME OF THE INTERNSHIP FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-MAIL. No phone calls please.