Department: Marketing and Communications – College Student Ambassadors
Location:19 Clarendon Street, Boston MA 02116
Reports to: Marketing Events and Promotions Manager
Position Status: Intern (unpaid)
Term: OPEN - SPRING 2014
The College Student Ambassador Manager will manage outreach to Boston-area college students through the supervision of College Ambassadors.
- Be the direct contact to Student Activities department, Dance department, Cafeteria, Residential Life, etc. on campus
- Oversee 3-4 College Student Ambassadors at each college
- Create on-campus events promoting Boston Ballet
- Distribute Boston Ballet materials to 3-4 College Student Ambassadors
- Maintain close communication with 3-4 College Student Ambassadors
- Compile activity reports (i.e.tracking flyer distribution for ticket sales, taking photos of Street Team presence on campus, tracking Student Ambassador’s social media posts, etc.)
- Attend bi-annual Training Days at Boston Ballet
- Attend monthly College Street Team Manager’s meetings at Boston Ballet
- Student at Boston-area/Massachusetts college
- Able to commit to 8-10 hours per week
- Strong organization skills
- Independent and self motivated
- Must be comfortable managing peers
- Proficiency in general office software programs including Excel, Word, and Internet search tools.
- College level writing skills
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, a high level of professionalism, creativity, humor, and a love for the arts –particularly dance, encouraged
Boston Ballet internships are unpaid. Boston Ballet internships are for credit (preferred) or on a volunteer basis. Boston Ballet Interns in the Fall and Spring are eligible for complimentary tickets to season performances.
Contact information: To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. IMPORTANT – PLEASE INCLUDE THE NAME OF THE INTERNSHIP FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-MAIL. No phone calls please.