Department: Marketing and Communications – Group Sales
Location: 19 Clarendon Street, Boston MA 02116
Term: Not Available Spring 2013
Reports to: Group Sales Associate
Position Status: Intern (unpaid)
Boston Ballet is looking for a student who would like to gain insight, knowledge, and experience with a large non-profit arts organization. The Group Sales Intern will work with the Group Sales Associate to promote Boston Ballet’s season to various market segments, research new opportunities for group sales prospects, and assist with retention efforts to renew past groups. The ideal candidate should be interested in learning more about the behind the scenes work that goes into promoting and selling Boston Ballet performances.
Assist the Group Sales Associate with:
- Responding to and processing group sales inquiries
- Assisting with creating and implementing marketing and promotional plans to current and prospectivegroups
- Research best practices of peer organizations both locally, nationally andinternationally
- Assist with general day to day operations and other responsibilities as needed
- Currently or recently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
- 8-10 hours per week
- Strong organization skills
- Independent and self motivated
- Proficiency in general office software programs including Excel, Word, and Internet search tools.
- College level writing skills
- High standards of customer service
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, a high level of professionalism, creativity, humor, and a passion for the arts –particularly dance, encouraged
Boston Ballet internships are unpaid. Boston Ballet internships are for credit (preferred) or on a volunteer basis. Boston Ballet Interns in the Fall and Spring are eligible for complimentary tickets to season performances.
Contact information: To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. IMPORTANT – PLEASE INCLUDE THE NAME OF THE INTERNSHIP FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-MAIL. No phone calls please.