Department: Marketing and Communications – Events and Promotions
Location: 19 Clarendon Street, Boston MA 02116
Reports to: Marketing Events and Promotions Manager
Position Status: Intern (unpaid)
Term: OPEN - SPRING 2014
The Marketing Events and Promotions Intern's main area of focus will be working with the College Student Ambassadors, supporting the Events and Promotions staff. Encouraging the marketing efforts of the College Ambassadors and helping to increase Boston Ballet’s visibility on local campuses. This position will spend time outside of the office with each street team on their campus.
- Focus on communication with college and universities in Boston participating in the College Student Ambassadors Program
- Monthly on-campus meetings with 5+ College Student Ambassador Teams
- Weekly communications of marketing messaging, ideas, and efforts to College Student Ambassador Managers
- Daily tracking of College Student Ambassador messaging, ideas, and efforts
- Assist Marketing and Communications staff with additional events and promotions, and general marketing initiatives including:
- Participation at events and activities in the community
- Demographic research
- Community business and relationship building
- Promotional support with partner companies
- Currently or recently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Able to commit to 8-10 hours per week
- Strong organization skills
- Independent and self motivated
- Proficiency in general office software programs including Excel, Word, and Internet search tools.
- College level writing skills
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, a high level of professionalism,creativity, humor, and a love for the arts –particularly dance, encouraged
Boston Ballet internships are unpaid. Boston Ballet internships are for credit (preferred) or on a volunteer basis. Boston Ballet Interns in the Fall and Spring are eligible for complimentary tickets to season performances.
Contact information: To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. IMPORTANT – PLEASE INCLUDE THE NAME OF THE INTERNSHIP FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-MAIL. No phone calls please.