Job Title: Marketing and Communications - Merchandising and Marketing Intern
Department: Marketing and Communications
Reports To: Merchandise and Retail Manager
TERM: OPEN - FALL 2014
Boston Ballet is looking for a motivated individual who would like to gain experience in marketing promotions, merchandise buying, sales, and e-commerce. The intern will work under the supervision of the retail staff on a variety of marketing and merchandising projects that include the following:
Buying and Merchandising
- Developing product for merchandise and marketing promotional items
- Researching products for season shows, special events, and gifts
- Creation of merchandise and vendor descriptions
- Writing copy for online merchandise and e-communications
- Managing physical inventory and merchandising at Boston Studio Shop
- Managing web Shop product assortment and updating electronic and physical inventories
- Load-in and load-out at the theater
- Managing a regular volume of customer service inquiries, web Shop inquiries, and phone orders
- Contacting customers with any issues, and using Tessitura and Elastic Path to assist with contacting customers and reconciling order issues
- Maintain communication between vendors
- Web order fulfillment
- Wholesale and consignment order fulfillment
- Pre-order fulfillment
The Merchandising and Marketing Intern will also have the opportunity for paid work as a Shop Manager at The Boston Opera House.
- Currently or recently enrolled in an applicable undergraduate or graduate program such as marketing, communications, merchandising, or business administration
- Able to commit to 10 - 20 hours per week
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and creative
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Retail work experience
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, a high level of professionalism, creativity, humor, and a love for the arts encouraged
Boston Ballet internships are unpaid. Boston Ballet internships are for credit (preferred) or on a volunteer basis. Boston Ballet Interns in the Fall and Spring are eligible for complimentary tickets to season performances.
Contact information: To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT - PLEASE INCLUDE THE NAME OF THE INTERNSHIP FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-MAIL. No phone calls please.