Department: Marketing and Communications – Public Relations and Social Media
Location: 19 Clarendon Street, Boston MA 02116
Term: Summer 2013
Reports to: Director of Public Relations and Social Media
Position Status: Intern (unpaid)
Boston Ballet is seeking a student majoring in Public Relations, Marketing, or Communications who is a self-motivated, eager, and detail oriented worker withthe ability to multi-task in a professional environment. Interns will work under the supervision of the public relations staff on a variety of activities including but not limited to:
- Assisting with social media content creation
- Media relations research
- Assist with press kit creation and organization
- Assist with social media metrics and reporting
- Assist public relations staff with the press table on opening night performances
- Assist with the organization of photography and Playbill archives
- Assist with press files
- Other projects as assigned
- Currently or recently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Able to commit to 8-15 hours per week with some evening work required
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Independent and self motivated
- Proficiency in general office software programs including Excel, Word, and Internet search tools.
- Knowledge of relevant social media tools and platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr, Google+, WordPress,etc.
- College level writing skills
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, a high level of professionalism, creativity, humor, and a love for the arts –particularly dance, encouraged
Boston Ballet internships are unpaid. Boston Ballet internships are for credit(preferred) or on a volunteer basis. Boston Ballet Interns in the Fall and Spring are eligible for complimentary tickets to season performances.
Contact information: To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letterto firstname.lastname@example.org. IMPORTANT – PLEASE INCLUDE THE NAME OF THE INTERNSHIP FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-MAIL. No phone calls please.