Boston Ballet School seeks experienced, energetic, and mature Residential Counselors to support our Summer Dance Programs in our Boston, MA and Newton, MA locations. Boston Ballet School's Summer Dance Program is a residential, intensive training program with a comprehensive curriculum designed for the serious ballet student.
A staff of residential counselors is chosen from a large group of applicants through a competitive application and interview process. Residential Counselors oversee the students and are responsible for creating and maintaining a safe, nurturing, residential environment for adolescents living away from home. These residential counselors supervise the students outside of the studio. They live in residence halls with students, organize social and recreational activities, serve as role models, and enforce behavioral guidelines. Candidates must have experience working with children and teenagers in a supervisory role, and must understand the responsibility of taking on the role of care giver and role model while these students are away from home. No dance experience needed.
Our Newton program serves male and female students ages 10-14. Our Boston program serves male and female students ages 14-19. This is a full time, rigorous commitment geared toward individuals with experience working with groups of children in a supervisory, teaching, counseling, or residential setting.
- Experience as a dorm parent, teacher, camp counselor, or resident assistant for students under the age of 18, or other related experience
- Experience working with or mentoring adolescents
- Ability to be a leader as well as a team player
- Conflict resolution skills and the ability to mediate as situations arise
- Good judgment skills and the ability to respond well in disciplinary and emergency situations
- Ability to represent Boston Ballet School in a professional and positive manner
- Candidates with foreign language skills are strongly encouraged to apply. We welcome a significant number of international students; please indicate any foreign language experience (particularly Japanese, Korean, Italian, French, and Portuguese)
- CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE