Intern, Education and Community Initiatives
Education and Community Initiatives (ECI)
Manager, Secondary School Initiatives
10-20 hours per week
OPEN - SUMMER 2014
Boston Ballet's Department of Education and Community Initiatives (ECI), aims to cultivate and educate a new generation of life-long arts advocates and participants. The department's programs serve a range of community constituents. The department's primary goals are to serve as a laboratory for the development of best practices in arts education, to implement innovative community building efforts and cultivate creative, dynamic young leaders who apply the principles and discipline of dance beyond the studio and stage environments.
The ECI Intern is integral to the ECI team and Boston Ballet's efforts to engage constituents through its work on stage, in the studio, and in the community. The internship is an opportunity to learn the inner workings of a non-profit arts organization. The intern will report to ECI Managers and work directly on the department's school term and summer programs.
- Preparation for upcoming ECI programming
- Participation in general office operations, record keeping, database management and special events
- Assist with program operations, including telephone and e-mail communication
- Provide general program information to the community and respond to related inquiries
- Support in developing curriculum and syllabus needs
- Provide excellent customer service
- Support Boston Ballet Education & Outreach programs and activities as requested
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in a dance related field is not necessary but may be helpful
- Interest in customer service and non-profit management and/or arts administration
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of the team
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational, planning, and communication skills are essential
- Interest in community-building outreach programs
- Knowledge of Boston Public School system desirable
There is no monetary compensation for this position; however, interns may receive academic credit.
Interns receive discounts on Open Adult classes and complimentary tickets to Boston Ballet productions.
Please submit resumes/cv's to email@example.com
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org