The Elementary level is designed for students who have had at least 1-3 years of prior ballet experience. Barre work includes balances in all positions, turning, and port de bras. Centre work includes the use of the body directions in combinations, pirouettes, and the beginnings of grand allegro (large, traveling jumps).
Optional Benefits (additional cost)
- Daily technique class with expert faculty and guest teachers
- Workshops focusing on elements of technique such as pirouettes and jumping
- Repertoire – learn a corps de ballet dance from the classics
- Variations – learn a solo from the classics
- Lectures in Dance History and Physical Therapy
- Meet Company Dancers
- End of program informal showing open to friends and family
- Cocktail party
Register online today for Adult Summer Dance Program!
- Pilates and Modern Dance
- Tour of Boston Ballet Headquarters including observing Company class and visit to the Costume Shop
If you are currently a Boston Ballet School student, please do not hesitate to contact your teacher to help decide your level.