• Boston Ballet School does not pre-register for auditions. All students must register at the start time listed for each audition site.
• A $30 audition fee is required at auditions. Cash or check accepted.
• The audition format will be a traditional ballet class with barre, center, and pointe work for older students.
• NO PHOTOS or RESUMES needed for the audition.
• Students must attend the audition scheduled for their current age, not the age they will be during program.
• Program eligibility is based on audition performance and age as of the first day of the program.
• Students from outside the U.S. and Canada must be between the ages of 15-19 on the first day of the program.
• Students from the U.S. and Canada must be between the ages of 10-19 on the first day of the program (please note, housing is not available for students ages 10-11).
• Women should wear pink, footed tights, black leotards, and bring pointe shoes to the audition.
• Men should wear black tights and a white T-shirt to the audition.
For directions to a specific studio, please contact the studio directly. The full Audition Tour Schedule will offer phone numbers for each of the studios where Boston Ballet School will be holding auditions. Please plan ahead for your audition. Some studios will not have someone to answer the phone outside of regular Monday - Friday business hours.
Boston Ballet School does not pre-register for auditions. All participants must arrive promptly at the start time listed below. Registration begins at the times listed below. Students must attend the audition scheduled for their current age, not the age they will be during the program.
The SDP 2016 audition tour schedule will be available in November. Please refer to this page for updated information.