SDP-NEWTON: June 28 - August 1, 2015
SDP-Newton promotes the success of dance students both technically through high-quality ballet instruction, and personally through special workshops, discussions, and mentoring sessions.
- Intensive classical ballet training in technique, pointe and variations
- Supplemental classes in Pilates, men’s conditioning and character
- Five weeks of 4-6 hours of dance classes daily
- Internationally renowned faculty
- Program culminates in open house studio showings
- 2014Tuition: $2,925.00 2014 Housing (for ages 12-14): $2,400.00
- Financial assistance is available, details in admission packet
Progression for Aspiring Pre-Professionals
Students work closely with experienced faculty committed to working intensively with students to develop their understanding of classical ballet technique. Boston Ballet School holds an audition during SDP for students interested in entering Boston Ballet School in the upcoming year.
Our Newton program, located at Boston Ballet School's Newton Studio, provides male and female students ages 10-14 with five weeks of intensive, comprehensive ballet training. Small classes and a focus on wellness and mentoring encourage personalized instruction in a nurturing environment.
The curriculum is based on 4-6 hours of dancing daily and includes:
- Daily technique classes
- Enrichment classes in modern, musical theater and character.
- A weekly mentoring classes
- Core conditioning classes in Pilates
- Master classes with guest faculty
- Interactive professional development lectures may include such topics as injury prevention, wellness and nutrition, dance history, stage production, music and make up
Mikko Nissinen, Artistic Director, Boston Ballet
Margaret Tracey, Director, Boston Ballet School
Tamara King, Principal, SDP-Newton
SDP faculty subject to change.