Boston Ballet Box Office Information
19 Clarendon Street
Boston, MA 02116
Non-Performance weeks: M-F 9:30am - 5pm
Performance weeks: M-F 9:30am – 5pm and Sat & Sun 11am - 4pm
Boston Ballet Box Office: 617.695.6955
Group Sales: 617.695.6955
General Information: 617.695.6950
The Boston Opera House
539 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111
The Boston Opera House Box Office Hours
Performance weeks only:
Mon - Sat, 11 am - 5 pm (until 7:30 pm on show days)
Sun, 11 am – 4 pm (until 5:30 pm on Nutcracker show days)
Please note that the Boston Ballet Box Office is closed on these days:
2014 -2015 Season: Monday April 20, 2015; Monday May 25, 2015
The Boston Opera House 539 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111
- NEW BOSTON OPERA HOUSE POLICY AS OF AUGUST 2013 - All bags are subject to inspection before entering the Boston Opera House. Backpacks and large bags are not permitted inside the theatre and must be checked at coat check as a courtesy to our patrons.
- The official website for the Opera House is: www.BostonOperaHouseOnline.com
- There is no ATM in the Boston Opera House. All concessions and merchandise take debit/credit card and accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express. The closest ATM is located on La Fayette Street and is a Citizen’s Bank Branch.
- The Coat Check is located on the Grand Lobby level near the entrance to the theatre. Coat check is available at every performance at a charge of $2 per item.
- Restrooms are located in the Lower Lobby and Mezzanine Levels. ADA accessible restrooms are located in the Lower Lobby level.
- Booster seats are located on each level of the theatre (Orchestra, Mezzanine, and Balcony). Please ask an usher for a booster seat, and they will provide one or direct you to the nearest location to obtain one.
- Merchandise from the Boston Ballet Shop can be purchased at the Opera House during performances.
Always check your tickets for performance times
Matinee performances begin at 1pm
Evening performances begin at 7:30pm with the exception of Sunday evening performances of The Nutcracker which begin at 5:30pm
- Please remember to turn off cellular phones, paging devices, and digital watches before taking your seat. Photography or videotaping of any kind is strictly forbidden.
- Light snacks and beverages are available for your enjoyment in the lobby during intermission.
- There is no dress code.
- Performances begin promptly. In consideration of all audience members, once the curtain goes up, latecomers will be seated at the discretion of management.
Late seating policy:
Performances begin promptly. In consideration of all audience members, once the curtain goes up, latecomers will be seated at the discretion of management.
Once the curtain goes up, if you leave the theatre for any reason, you shall not be allowed to return to your ticketed seat for the remainder of the act. Re-seating will be at the discretion of management.
Children at the Ballet
- Boston Ballet welcomes children and families to our performances. Many children can remain quiet, attentive, and seated for a performance, but you know your child best. Please call the Box Office for suggestions about appropriate productions for children.
- The Nutcracker is recommended for children of all ages two and up.
- Everyone who enters the theater must have a ticket; lap sitting is not permitted.
- No persons under two years of age are allowed in the theatre.
- Boston Ballet rarely cancels performances due to weather conditions.
- Please assume that the performance will go on as scheduled, and allow yourself extra time to arrive at the theatre.
- In the event of a weather emergency, you may contact the Boston Ballet Hotline at 617.456.6230.
Boston Ballet is committed to providing access for audience members with disabilities.
- We offer the following services to patrons:
- Wheelchair Accessibility
- The Boston Opera House has an elevator that stops on all levels.
- Wheelchair seating is available through the Boston Ballet box office in person, by phone at 617.695.6955 or at the Boston Opera House on Boston Ballet performance dates only beginning two hours prior to the first curtain of the day.
- Theatre is equipped with an infrared sound enhancement system.
- Headsets are available at no extra charge in the main lobby
Photo by Gene Schiavone.