UPDATES as of 8.25.2022
- Everyone should frequently wash hands for at least 20 seconds, and, in particular, wash or sanitize hands when using shared surfaces (like door handles), before handling food, after using the bathroom, after sneezing, coughing, or nose blowing, and when coming in from the outdoors.
- Everyone should avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth. Cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and clean hands with soap and water.
- Students and employees are required to wipe down their portion of the barre and other touched equipment frequently.
- For the joint interest of individual wellness and community safety, students and employees should stay home and miss class and/or any scheduled rehearsals if they are unwell and especially if they have a fever, flu like symptoms such a cough or sore threat, or they have a new or unexplained rash or other symptoms.
COVID-19 RISK REDUCTION PROTOCOLS
We strive to provide a rewarding in-person dance experience balanced with COVID-19 protocols and measures to ensure a safe response to dance. Boston Ballet School has developed an expansive COVID-19 Risk Reduction Plan that focuses on the health and safety of the entire community. With the uncertainty of the challenges COVID-19 presents on a frequent basis, we want to remind you that we may need to switch a group to virtual instruction or cancel completely on any day should something unexpected occur. We will provide as much notice as possible to allow for everyone to receive this information and prepare for the outcome.
The Boston Ballet Return to Work Taskforce consulted with numerous doctors, infectious disease specialists, epidemiologists, labor unions, legal experts and other stakeholders in the development of this plan.
Boston Ballet has invested in Sterile-Aire Light systems to the rooftop air handlers and has engaged an Air Balancing service to ensure the optimum amount of fresh air is being introduced to the environment. The HVAC system and filters are frequently being inspected and replaced as necessary. Filters have been upgraded to MERV-13.
Masks are currently optional for all BBS programs and BBS is prepared to adjust our mask protocol as we monitor community spread and trends.
We highly recommend vaccination for all of our program participants. Vaccination against COVID-19 is required for all students in the Classical Ballet Program, Graduate Program, Professional Division and for employees due to the length and frequency of classes and exposures. Students who wish to participate in The Nutcracker are required to be boosted for COVID-19 as well.
Individuals are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving a second dose of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or two weeks after receiving a single dose of Johnson & Johnson. Students who are unable to be vaccinated may request an exemption by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
For safety purposes, students are required to check in with a studio administrator upon arrival before every class. By checking in, students and guardians are attesting that their children have no symptoms of COVID-19 or any other communicable disease.
3 feet of social distancing is advised for individuals who are at high-risk of contracting COVID-19 including in the dance studios.
STUDENTS OR STAFF TESTING POSITIVE FOR COVID-19
If a student or faculty member tests positive for COVID-19 they are asked to notify email@example.com. The person who tests positive is required to adhere to the following isolation rules:
- Isolation is required for 5 days, regardless of symptoms.
- After 5 days, if the student or staff member is no longer symptomatic or has a fever, they may return to class. Strict mask adherence is required for 5 additional days.
- If the student or staff member is still symptomatic or has a fever, they must isolate until they have:
- Improvement in respiratory symptoms; AND
- It has been 72 hours since a fever resolved without the use of medication
POSSIBLE COVID-19 EXPOSURE
If the exposure takes place at Boston Ballet, BBS will inform close contacts so that they may begin to wear a high-quality mask for 10 days and get tested on day 5.
If your child has been in contact with a confirmed case, or your child tested positive to COVID-19 please inform BBS administration by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions or concerns. Information and schedules are subject to change.
Thanks to all for your support of each other; please remember to honor confidentiality as well. Our organization has prepared for many scenarios, and we’re all in this together!