Company, BBII and Graduate Program Auditions
Auditions are by invitation only.
Boston Ballet supports the International Audition Pre-Selection Guidelines. If you are interested in auditioning for next season, please submit the following material VIA EMAIL.
- A video with no introduction or fancy editing, consisting of the following performed in leotard and tights for women and tight fitting dance attire for men:
- A short classical variation drawn from the standard repertoire, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants
- A short contemporary variation (that could consist of something drawn from repertoire, phrases from classwork or an applicant-created work) that illustrates the applicant’s command of a range of movement different from that demonstrated in the classical variation
- 3-5 minutes of barre work, incorporating both sides, danced in soft shoes by male applicants and pointe shoes by female applicants
- 3-5 minutes of centre work that includes adagio, pirouettes, petit and grand allegro, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants
- Head shot
- 2-3 dance photos that reveal the dancer’s body proportions and line
The information and contacts above pertain to Boston Ballet Company, Boston Ballet II (BBII) and Graduate Program auditions only.
Boston Ballet Orchestra
There are no BBO openings at this time.
Musicians of the Boston Ballet Orchestra are members of the Boston Musicians’ Association, Local 9-535 of the American Federation of Musicians, and governed by a collective bargaining agreement. The per service rate for the 2018-19 season was $278 plus contributions to the AFM Pension Fund and Boston Ballet benefits plans (health insurance plan provided through Blue Cross Blue Shield or 403(b) retirement plan).
More about the BOSTON BALLET ORCHESTRA
Boston Ballet School
Information on Boston Ballet school auditions is found in the EDUCATION SECTION of this website.